KEMP 360 vision 1.21 update now available
New version of KEMP 360 Central has been released, this release adds new NTP features and fixes some reported bugs in earlier versions.
The new NTP options are available through the KEMP 360 central web interface menu Settings and configuration -> Date and Time.
- You can configure a maximum of 3 NTP servers using an FQDN, IP address or the name of a public NTP time server.
- The use of authentication with NTPv3 can now be used as credentials can be entered using the web UI.
- A manual date and time can be set locally. NOTE: Changing the time to manual could cause issues with your environment as the time values may not be synchronised correctly, setting a manual time is not recommended.
There have also been some modifications to the web interface and the way data is displayed.
- The current date and time information will be displayed in the upper right corner of the KEMP 360 blue banner.
- The time zone used on the UI is the same one used by the browser used to access the web interface.
- All of the Monitoring and Graphs data will be displayed using the local time zone, with the exception of the Repository -> Logging page, as UTC is used for displaying the logs.
When upgrading to the new 1.21 version NTP will be enabled by default and will use “pool.ntp.org”
To upgrade the KEMP 360 to the latest version:
- The download for the 1.21 update from https://kemptechnologies.com/kemp360-central-download/.
- Select Settings and Configuration icon in the bottom left corner of the web UI.
- Select Firmware Management.
- Choose Select Firmware and select the downloaded firmware file.
- Select Once the image file has been uploaded the install button will become available.
- Click Install to start the process. Select Yes to confirm the update is to run. The action button will change to Updateing… to indicate the update has started.
- Do not make any further changes or use the web UI until the system has performed a reboot, this will take a couple of minutes. Once the update has completed the login screen will be displayed.
Upgrading your KEMP 360 to version 1.21 is supported from version 22.214.171.1243 and later releases, if your KEMP is running an earlier version multiple firmware upgrades will need to be performed before the final upgrade to 1.21 can be applied.